"They are a horrendous property management company! I have needed a new HVAC unit since we moved in 3 summers ago. Every summer I have had to call multiple times to have them come fix it. They’ve done “bandaid” type fixes the previous two summers but are finally supposed to be replacing the unit except it has now been discovered that the piping throughout the entire home has been done incorrectly and my HAVC unit has to be put on hold until that is addressed. However, about a month ago I had to call them to send a plumber out because I had sewage (that has came up my kitchen sink ever since I moved in anytime I run my washing machine) began coming up through my bathtub and toilet suddenly. They have now added a fee of $299 to my account saying that it was my fault the sewage was backed up. It was NOT! The piping throughout the entire home is messed up! I had a sudden gas leak in my hot water heater towards the end of winter/early spring that I had to call the emergency maintenance line and was told that it wasn’t an emergency so I would have to wait until they became available to come out and fix it. After getting advice from a friends husband who is a local firefighter, my three very young children and I had to evacuate immediately and the fire department had to come out to address the leak. The property management company acted like it was no big deal but the firemen told me that had my children and I went to bed that night we potentially may not have woken up the next morning. While the firemen were here they checked the smoke detectors and found that if there ever were a fire, the smoke detectors that we had would not have even worked they were so outdated. The firemen were so kind and installed updated ones free of charge along with a CO2 detector. This company is quick to tack on any charge they possibly can but gives tons of kickback if repairs are ever needed. The employees are always very rude and never easy to work with. I do NOT recommend anyone renting through them!"
"Steve House is a slum lord, plain and simple. His properties are dilapidated, below code, and willfully neglected. He often operates by cash with no printed lease, which leaves his more vulnerable tenants without any legal footing. I lived in two of his properties and have been inside many. They are roach infested, have black mold, multiple leaks, and are a serious health hazard. When told about the roaches for the ninth time, Steve House would respond that “every house in Lexington has roaches”. The building I used to occupy currently has a condemned sign on the front door, and multiple residents living inside with no where to go."